We all know “The 605” is a great place to live and play. South Dakota is one of only 12 states in America to have a single area code. Over the years, the popularity of using 605 in advertising and casual lingo has grown to become a part of our state culture. The Department of Tourism is celebrating 605 Day on Sunday, June 5, 2022 (6/05), and we would love for you to celebrate with us.
HOW ARE WE CELEBRATING?
- We are compiling a 605 Day welcome video from the industry! Send us a vertical video saying, “Happy 605 Day from ____!” to be included. Video submissions are due Friday, May 20. Videos can be uploaded here. You’ll find an example video here.
- We are posting photos and video from around the state and tagging #605Day to encourage our audience to share why the 605 is such a great place to visit or call home. More information can be found in our 2022 605 Day Social Media Toolkit.
- We host a special 605 Day page on TravelSouthDakota.com.
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?
We encourage cities, CVBs, industry members, restaurants, attractions, and small businesses to share the #605Day cheer by inviting your fans and followers to celebrate by doing something uniquely 605! That could mean hosting your own swag giveaway, doing a 605 Day-themed discount, hosting a 605 Day block party, etc.
- Send us your 605 Day welcome video! Videos can be uploaded here. Video submissions are due Friday, May 20.
- Review our 2022 605 Day Social Media Toolkit for 605 Day logo files, photo assets, and our posting schedule leading up to 605 Day.
- Use #605Day in your social media posts.
- Download these prepared 605 Day social assets to share on your social media channels.
For more information or questions on what you can do to join in the celebration, please contact Stephanie Palmer, Social Media Manager & Global Media Representative, at 605-773-3301 or [email protected].