We all know “The 605” is a great place to live and play. South Dakota is one of only 12 states in America to have a single area code. Over the years, the popularity of using 605 in advertising and casual lingo has grown to become a part of our state culture. The Department of Tourism is celebrating 605 Day on Saturday, June 5, 2021 (6/05), and we would love for you to celebrate with us.
HOW ARE WE CELEBRATING?
- We are hosting a virtual 605 Scavenger Hunt on our social media channels to engage our audience and get them excited for the big day.
- We are posting photos and video from around the state to encourage our audience to share why the 605 is such a great place to visit or call home.
- We created a special 605 Day page on TravelSouthDakota.com.
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?
We encourage cities, CVBs, industry members, restaurants, attractions, and small businesses to share the #605Day cheer by inviting your fans and followers to celebrate by doing something uniquely 605! That could mean hosting your own swag giveaway, doing a 605 Day-themed discount, hosting a 605 Day block party, etc. Contact other industry members in your area and encourage them to talk about this special day with their customers and followers on social media.
- Use #605Day in your social media posts.
- Review our 605 Day Social Media Toolkit for talking points, our posting schedule, and other social media information for 605 Day.
- Replace the background image in this layered PSD file to create your own 605 Day images. (Also available as EPS and PNG.)
- Download these prepared 605 Day social assets to share on your social media channels.
- Use this 605 Day PNG image with a solid background.
- Download and print a 605 Day greeting card, write an encouraging note to your favorite businesses and place it in the mail to brighten someone’s day.
- Download any of our six 605 Day Zoom backgrounds.
For more information or questions on what you can do to join in the celebration, please contact Stephanie Palmer, Social Media Manager & Global Media Representative, at 605-773-3301 or [email protected].