Life is anything but normal right now, but South Dakotans will still be rallying together online to celebrate our great state on 605 Day (June 5th). South Dakota is only one of 12 states in America to have a single area code. Over the years, the popularity of using 605 in advertising and casual lingo has grown to become a part of our state culture. Now more than ever, it’s important to show the world how much we love and appreciate our beautiful home. This year, the Department of Tourism is celebrating 605 Day on Friday, June 5, 2020 (6/05), and we would love for you to celebrate with us virtually.
HOW ARE WE CELEBRATING?
We will be sharing photos and videos of our great state on social media all day on June 5th. Download the official 605 Day logo to include in your 605 Day social media photos.
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?
Join us as we celebrate our great state virtually! We all need to stick together, so give shout-outs to local attractions and businesses, leave an encouraging comment on a post, make your own top 10 list — anything you can dream up to share the SoDak love. Here are some celebration ideas:
- Host a community Zoom meet-up. Download any of our five 605 Day Zoom backgrounds here.
- Use #605Day in your social media posts.
- Replace the background image in this layered PSD file to personalize the "605 Day" image.
- Use this “605 Day” PNG image with a solid background.
- Download and print a 605 Day greeting card, write an encouraging note to your favorite businesses, and place it in the mail to brighten someone’s day.
For more information or questions on what you can do to join in the celebration, please contact Stephanie Palmer, Social Media Manager & Global Media Representative, at 605-773-3301 or [email protected].