In accordance with Travel South Dakota’s strategic vision, our Forever 605 campaign strives to strike the right balance between the positive economic impacts of visitors to our communities and the correlated implications for responsible utilization and maintenance of our natural resources, stewardship of our community assets, and the preservation of the state tourism industry’s world-famous hospitality and of our South Dakota way of life.
The campaign must be flexible to focus on the following:
- Building awareness of lesser-known visitor experiences statewide and proactively promoting South Dakota as a year-round destination
- Educating residents and visitors on the importance of responsible travel practices
- Preserving cultural heritage and supporting local businesses
- Consistently connecting with residents, listening to their perspectives and proactively sharing the positive contribution tourism makes to South Dakota’s way of life
What issues we hope to positively impact:
- Picking up trash
- Staying on the trail
- Seasonal outdoor preparedness tips
- Respecting wildlife
- Shopping locally
- Respecting frontline workers
- Roadtrip preparedness
- Cultural integrity
- Hunting/Fishing best practices
- Tourism Conference integration / workshops
- co-op opportunities
- physical presence (signage at trailheads)
- low-impact travel itineraries and audience focus
- engaging influencers
How To Get Involved: DIGITAL TOOLKIT
- Visit Forever605.com, sign the pledge and get a free Forever 605 sticker. Then, encourage others to do so, too.
- Review the one-sheeter of 11 ways to connect into the Forever 605 campaign.
- Request a Forever 605 Toolkit (limit one per entity).
- Download and post the Forever 605 Pledge.
- Share Forever605.com and #Forever605 on your social channels, websites and in emails.
Here is a Dropbox link to social post examples, including images and copy that are ready to download and use.
- Download the logo. (If you need another version, contact Travel South Dakota.)
- Watch Jim Hagen and Mike Gussiaas' kickoff webinar recording and refer to the presentation deck.
full page ad
t-shirt, hat and sticker