South Dakota is an official COVID-19 disaster area and businesses in all 66 counties in South Dakota are eligible to apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL).
Loans up to $2M will be made available to small businesses and private non-profit organizations, with interest rates set at 3.75% and 2.75% respectively. Loans may be repaid up to 30 years. Terms are determined on a case-by-case basis based on the borrower’s ability to repay. Loans may be used to cover business operating expenses, including payroll.
For additional information about the program or how to apply, please contact the SBA disaster assistance customer service center. Call 1-800-659-2955 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339) or e-mail.
Tourism industry general questions regarding this effort can be directed to Kirk Hulstein, Industry Outreach & Development Director for the South Dakota Department Tourism, [email protected].
SBA Information and Links
- SBA Approves Economic Injury Disaster Loan Fund Program Access for South Dakota (Gov. Noem press release, March 20, 2020)
- SBA Disaster Assistance
- SBA Disaster Loan Assistance
- SBA Disaster Loan Assistance online application
- SBA Fact Sheet - Economic Injury Disaster Loans (pdf)
- (in Spanish) SBA Fact Sheet - Economic Injury Disaster Loans (pdf)
- South Dakota Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED) - SDReadyToWork.com
- March 26, 2020 - SBA Disaster Loan Assistance Webinar recording
- March 26, 2020 - SBA Disaster Loan Assistance Webinar Q&A (PDF)
- March 26, 2020 - SBA & SBA Resource Partner Contact Information (PDF)
- SBA Lenders in South Dakota (pp. 28-33 of the Small Business Resource Guide) (PDF)