Unemployment and Reemployment Resources
The South Dakota Department of Labor & Regulation's (DLR) Job Service offices are currently closed until May 2, 2020. Claims are being taken by the DLR Call Center in Aberdeen.
- Employers with questions about COVID-19 related reemployment assistance (unemployment insurance) should email DLR using this form.
- COVID-19 Reemployment Assistance Eligibility Determinations
- DLR is working to keep phone lines open for individual claimants, so strongly encourage employers to file online only at raclaims.sd.gov. To receive an email response, complete this form.
- Unemployment Claims: What Workers and Businesses Need to Know (DLR news release, March 20, 2020)
- Employers: Use SIDES for Online Unemployment Filing (DLR news release, March 18, 2020)
- Labor Department Accepting Unemployment Claims from School Employees Affected by COVID-19 Closures (DLR news release, March 17, 2020)
- Reemployment Assistance Customer Service Center Remains Open (DLR news release, March 15, 2020)
- Department of Labor & Regulation