PIERRE, S.D. – The South Dakota Department of Tourism has been awarded seven awards in a prestigious international marketing competition.
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) Adrian Awards recognize travel marketing organizations for innovative sales and marketing efforts in advertising, public relations and digital marketing.
The Department of Tourism, in partnership with ad agencies Lawrence & Schiller, MMGY Global, and NJF, won:
- Gold award for the “Monumental Celebration” activation effort in Chicago
- Gold award for the overall “My Great Place” campaign
- Gold award for “Deadwood – No Rules. No Regrets.” campaign partnership between the department and Historic Deadwood
- Gold award for the out-of-home advertising campaign “Open Early, Open Late”
- Gold award for the public relations efforts around South Dakota’s first-ever women’s-only motorcycle rally
- Silver award for the “My Great Place” pop-up mailer
- Bronze award for the “State of Great” social media campaign
“This has been another amazing year for our marketing, which plays a crucial role in generating awareness and publicity in our important target markets in lasting and innovative ways,” said James Hagen, Secretary of the Department of Tourism. “Our goal is always to successfully communicate the South Dakota story and drive tourism to the state. The Adrian Award competition is tough, but having our entries selected speaks to the level of our work in our department and with our agency partners.”
The Adrian Awards feature three entry divisions (advertising, public relations and digital marketing), 14 categories and 110 subcategories dedicated to tourism and hospitality. The awards are chosen by senior industry and media experts from more than 1,100 entries. All Gold Adrian Award winners will be honored at the Adrian Awards Dinner, Reception and Gala on Tuesday, January 22 at the New York Marriott Marquis.
The South Dakota Department of Tourism is comprised of Tourism and the South Dakota Arts Council. The Department is led by Secretary James D. Hagen.
Media Notes: Downloadable high-resolution assets from the winning campaigns can be found at these two links:
Katlyn Richter, Global Media & Public Relations Director
South Dakota Department of Tourism
Email: [email protected]