There is no charge for South Dakota tourism industry businesses to be listed on TravelSouthDakota.com. However, required information must be provided and guidelines met in order for listings to be approved.
All content is reviewed by Department of Tourism staff before going live on the site. In addition, the Department of Tourism reserves the right to approve or decline any Business Listing request.
STOP! It is possible that your business is already listed on TravelSouthDakota.com. Please check under Things To Do, Places To Stay, or Restaurants to make sure you’re not adding/requesting a duplicate listing.
- Notification Email (for Tourism use, only)
- Business Name
- Location Address (physical street address, including city, state and zip)
- Region (based on physical location of business, not association membership)
- Phone Number
- Description (maximum of 500 characters: letters, numbers, punctuation and spaces)
- Categories (select up to three that best represent your business from the list provided)
- Phone Number
- Toll Free Number
- Business Email (the one that you want consumers to use to contact your business)
- Website URL (one website of your choice may be included)
- TripAdvisor ID
- Amenities (lodging may choose from a given list of seven options)
- Booking Link (one booking link of your choice may be included)
- Social Links (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, YouTube and/or Pinterest)
- Photo (JPG, GIF or PNG format; max size of 2MB per image; horizontal images work best) – graphics, logos, posters, collages and other similar images will not be approved
THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM APPROVES BUSINESS LISTINGS THAT
- represent a wide variety of activities
- reflect the unique qualities of an area’s geographic, historical or ethnic heritage
- cater to a particular age group, such as senior, family or children, or a niche audience, such as collectors or history buffs
- appeal to visitors
REASONS WHY A LISTING MAY NOT BE APPROVED
- business is not physically located in South Dakota (out-of-state ownership is permissible, but the business being listed must be physically located in-state)
- business is not visitor-related
- the required information was not given and/or was incomplete
- information was not applicable, inappropriate and/or offensive
- photos are only a logo, a collage of photos, and/or include coupons or offers super-imposed over the photo(s)
If you are ready to submit your business, please contact Ann DeVany, Website Manager, at 605-773-3301 or [email protected].
For more information, contact Ann DeVany, Website Manager, at 605-773-3301 or [email protected].