On an on-going basis, the South Dakota Department of Tourism compiles a statewide calendar of events which is shared with visitors, travel writers, group tour operators and other members of the travel trade. Events listed in the calendar must meet certain guidelines.
All submissions, including updates, will be reviewed by Department of Tourism staff before going live on the site. In addition, the Department of Tourism reserves the right to approve, edit or decline any request.
STOP! Is your event already posted on TravelSouthDakota.com? Please check under Things To Do then Events to make sure you’re not adding/requesting a duplicate event.
- Contact Name (for Tourism use, only)
- Business or Organization
- Contact Email (for Tourism use, only)
- Email (for public use)
- Location - physical street address where event takes place (including city, state, zip and region)
- Event Name
- Categories (maximum of 3)
- Description (maximum of 500 characters: letters, numbers, punctuation and spaces)
- Start/End Date(s)
- Phone Number and/or Toll Free Number
- Website URL
- Handicap accessibility
- Admission Details (maximum of 100 characters: letters, numbers, punctuation and spaces)
- Photo (one GIF, JPG, PNG or JPEG; no larger than 2 MB; horizontals works best) – graphics, logos, posters, collages and other similar images will not be approved
EVENTS ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION
EVENTS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION
THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM SELECTS EVENTS THAT
- feature a wide variety of activities
- attempt to capture the unique flavor of an area’s geographic, historical or ethnic heritage
- cater to a particular age group, such as senior, family or children, or niche audience, such as collectors or history buffs
- are traditional events
- appeal to visitors
SOME REASONS WHY AN EVENT MAY NOT BE LISTED
- the required information was not given
- the event appeals to a local audience rather than visitors
- the event is not unique
If you are ready to submit your event, please contact Ann DeVany, Website Manager, at 605-773-3301 or [email protected].
For more information, contact Ann DeVany, Website Manager, at 605-773-3301 or [email protected].