December 23, 2020
Hello, Industry Partners!
We have encouraging news to report.
As you may have heard, Congress has passed another COVID-19 recovery package. We know President Trump is not happy with many provisions in the bill, so we will have to see what happens next. Some of the major provisions in the bill which positively affect the tourism industry in South Dakota are:
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Eligibility for DMOs
- A second round of PPP loans
- Extension to use Coronavirus Relief Funds until December 31, 2021
- Extension of the Employee Retention Tax credit through July 1, 2021
- $2 billion in grants for airports and airport concessionaires
- $15 billion in grants to concert venues, performing art centers, theaters and museums
Here is a message from the President and CEO of the U.S. Travel Association, Roger Dow, that gives more information about the legislation. I will draw your attention to a webinar that U.S. Travel will be hosting on January 7, 2021, 12:00 p.m. ET to answer questions about the legislation, how to access relief and when funds will be made available.
We’ll keep you updated via email and on SDVisit.com as we learn more details. Merry Christmas!
All our best,
Jim & Team
Secretary of Tourism