About the Program
Great service is extremely important to the South Dakota Department of Tourism. Our state has so many wonderful people that make our great places even better. That’s why the Department of Tourism wants to recognize those individuals with the South Dakota Great Face Program. This annual program offers a new way to recognize employees who go above and beyond every day to take care of their customers and their community.
How to Apply
- To nominate a person as a South Dakota Great Face, click here for the online nomination form (the 2021 form will be available soon).
- This program is replacing the Certificate of Great Service program. There are similarities to the Certificate of Great Service program, but please note that some requirements have changed.
Nominations must include:
- Three (3) or more positive comments from customers regarding the nominee during the preceding 12-month period (November through October).
- A testimonial from the manager or supervisor as to why they believe the nominee is worthy of the South Dakota Great Face designation.
- Additional information regarding the nominee’s community involvement outside of work.
- Completion of the Department of Tourism's Online Hospitality Training program or a hospitality training assigned by a supervisor during the preceding 12-month period (November through October).
South Dakota Great Face designees will receive:
- A letter from the Governor
- A certificate to proudly display
- A lapel pin
Nominations will be accepted from February through November of each calendar year. No nominations will be accepted from December through January. Recipients are eligible for recognition annually, but must be re-nominated each year.
Go to: South Dakota Great Face Nomination Form (the 2021 form will be available soon)
If you are looking for information about recognizing a business, please see the South Dakota Great Place program.
Please contact Bailey Carlsen, Industry Training, Special Events, and Legislative Relations Manager, for more information at 605-773-3301 or [email protected].