About the Program
The free Online Hospitality Training is available to all travel and tourism industry partners for assistance with training their staff. This training is primarily meant for front-line employees and provides the basic skills needed to be successful in welcoming our guests to South Dakota.
Ten tourism and hospitality skills are covered in the following lessons:
- Lesson 1: Dependability
- Lesson 2: Courteous Communications
- Lesson 3: Knowledge of the Company, its Products, the Community, and the Region
- Lesson 4: Creating Exceptional Appearances
- Lesson 5: Being a Good Listener
- Lesson 6: Showing Customers You Care
- Lesson 7: Dealing with Difficult Customers
- Lesson 8: Taking Care of Yourself
- Lesson 9: Health, Hygiene and Safety Protocols
- Lesson 10: Knowing Your State and Community
To begin the training, open the training and then click “register” to create an account. Certificates of completion for each lesson will be sent to the email address provided at registration. Please note that certificates may arrive in users' inboxes up to two hours after completing the training. The training is mobile-friendly and may be completed on any mobile device.
For users who have already completed one or more of the lessons, you can return any time and pick up where you left off. Lessons must be completed in order.
Please contact Bailey Carlsen, Industry Training and Legislative Relations Manager, for more information at 605-773-3301 or [email protected].