About the Program
The free Online Hospitality Training (formerly the Online Customer Service Training) is available to any travel and tourism industry partners for assistance with training their staff. This training is primarily meant for front-line employees and provides the basic skills needed to be successful in welcoming our guests to South Dakota.
Eight tourism and hospitality skills are covered in the training:
- Skill 1: Dependability
- Skill 2: Courteous Communications
- Skill 3: Knowledge of the Company, its Products, the Community, and the Region
- Skill 4: Creating Exceptional Appearances
- Skill 5: Being a Good Listener
- Skill 6: Showing Customers You Care
- Skill 7: Dealing with Difficult Customers
- Skill 8: Taking Care of Yourself
To begin the training, open the training and then click “register” to create an account. Certificates of completion will be sent to the email address provided upon registration. Please note that certificates may arrive in users' inboxes up to two hours after completing the training. The training is mobile-friendly and may be completed on any mobile device.
This training meets the requirements for the Employee Hospitality Training component of the Great Service Star program.
Please contact Natasha Bothun, Strategic Partnerships & Events Manager, for more information at 605-773-3301 or [email protected].