The Department of Tourism encourages communities across South Dakota to participate in Rooster Rush. Following the campaign, one community will be selected as having exhibited the most involvement and showing the most enthusiasm for Rooster Rush. That community will receive the Rooster Rush "Cacklin’ Community" Award during the 2023 Governor`s Conference on Tourism.
Applicants need to explain, in detail, how their community/organization was involved in the Rooster Rush campaign. Supplemental materials such as photos, videos and examples of advertising/promotional efforts are encouraged.
Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
1. Click the link below to open and complete the application
2. Download the completed form to your computer
3. Open the completed form and click the SUBMIT FORM button to email it to Thad,
or print the completed application form and mail it to Thad with your supplemental materials
Applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Advertising and Promotional Efforts
- Community Participation
- Efforts to Welcome Hunters
Prize will include:
- Pheasant Award
- Recognition in South Dakota Department of Tourism press efforts
- Award presented at the 2023 Governor`s Conference on Tourism (January 17-19, 2023)
Get Excited! Get Creative! Get Involved!
For more information, contact Thad Friedeman, Senior Marketing Services Coordinator, at 605-773-3301 or [email protected].